Saturday, December 16, 2023

God's Contract

 God's Contract

A Word on Service


 


God has moved in my life many times. He has moved to bless me. He has moved to correct me. He has moved to save me, and He has moved to protect me. He has also moved in ways that I have not understood, and still don’t understand. He is God, and we can trust Him.

In my life God often moves because I ask Him. Just simply because I ask. He loves me.

Other times, it’s based upon faith. I trust Him, and step out, believing His Word.

But, other times, it’s based upon sincere brokenness.

I am done.

I am spent.

I can’t do it anymore.

I give myself totally to Him, and I’m willing to take whatever comes.

God knows our heart. He knows if we are being real with Him. He knows when we offer ourselves, unleavened, to Him. He knows.

In the early days of walking with God, I was not living a life I’m proud of. God was working on me, but I was far from where I am today. Not that I’m Mr. Perfect. But, I was pretty jacked up at the time.

Regardless of that fact, Jesus saved me, and was working on me. He was calling me to serve Him, and to draw closer and have a relationship with Him.

I didn’t know what to do, but I knew He was calling. Just like He is calling you.

So, I spoke to a pastor friend of mine and told him what I was feeling from God.

The pastor told me, to pray to the Lord, and imagine in my mind a contract. Just a blank contract. Then, to imagine signing it and giving it to God. Allowing God, the freedom to fill it out as He saw fit. So I did.

This was not my salvation, I was saved long before this. But I do believe this was the beginning of my ministry. The beginning of my service to Him. I became His servant.

After that prayer, great movement occurred in my life. Things started to change, and shift.

I do not want to go into details, but there is no doubt it was Him.

So, if you are saved and confused about what direction God has for you. Try praying this prayer.

Be real with God and surrender totally to whatever He might have.

But, understand that He might remove people from your life. He might do things to make you totally dependent upon Him. He might remove a job. Or give you a different job. He might take your home, and cause you to move. He might shake things so bad that people just abandon you. You might meet new people, or have your life rocked, in order to remove problems, or make you a better person.

When you give yourself totally to God, He must mold you. He must burn off the dross to purify the Gold. He must shake you to get rid of the chaff. He might break you to reshape you, and make you more useful for His kingdom.

It doesn’t have to be all bad. It can be full of joy as well, as you spend more time with Him. But, often we see changes as bad, even when they are not.

God has a purpose beyond our own purposes. He cares for us, but ultimately our eternal security, and blessings are far more important than our current life. Our kingdom work, and helping to save others is what matters most.

So, no matter how God moves. The final purpose is to draw us closer to Him. Every thing that happens, works together for our good. Because drawing closer to Him, and having that relationship is the best thing we can imagine.

God knows you. He loves you. He has what’s best for you. Trust Him.

-----

 

Bio: Chris Bunton is a writer, poet and blogger from Southern Illinois. He has published in several magazines, and has written a poetry eBook called “Against the Man” and an Addiction Recovery eBook called “Made Free: Overcoming Addiction“ His newest book is called “The Future is Coming” and is a collection of dystopian short stories.

Follow Him on Medium: https://chris-bunton.medium.com/

Buy a cup of Coffee

Support the work on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=13514235&fan_landing=true&view_as=public

Photo by the writer,  an old train tunnel in Southern Illinois. Tunnel Hill Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment