Tuesday, June 4, 2024

God Leads Us

 God Leads Us 

 He shall direct thy paths.


 

 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”—Proverbs 3:5-6

***

God leads us in our lives. He literally directs our paths. 

Our part is to abide in Him, praise Him, seek His desire for us, thank Him and tell others of the great things God has done for us. ( John 15:4, Mark 5:18-20, Mark 16: 15-20)

We acknowledge Him. We turn to Him in all our ways. We tell people about Him.

He guides us. He knows what we need before we even ask. (Matt. 6:7-8)

So what does this mean?

How does this work?

It is part of God building a relationship with us. He knows us and we know Him through Jesus Christ and this relationship. But, we have been separated and unable to hear. Our faith is weak and our spirit is groggy from sleep. It must be grown.

Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice”. (John 10:25-30)

The scriptures speak of Elijah hearing the still small voice. (1 Kings 19:11-12)

This relationship is utmost. There is no other relationship that matters as much as this.

You can do great things, you can obey rules, you can talk about loving God.

But, if there’s no relationship, it doesn’t matter. He never knew you.

So, how does this work?

Ask Him.

I know that seems snarky, but it’s the relationship. 

Pray…”Lord, I want to hear your voice and have a relationship with you. Please save me and help me. In Jesus name, amen,.”

Or pray something similar. Then trust that He will and is working.

I will tell you an example from my own life.

There was a period of time where my life had fallen apart, and God was working to build me back up.

I had a choice of several different churches to go to. But, the Lord led me to go to the church I had grown up in.

As I was sitting in the balcony, I started to notice that there was disrepair. Things needed painted bad. There was dirt and grime.

I am not a neat freak. Normally I don’t really pay much attention to such things, but something was pointing it out to me.

Later that day, I got a phone call from the church asking me if I wanted to do some painting and other tasks.

I did not need to pray over it, or think about it. God had “led” me.

He had gone before me and paved the way.  He had told me before hand.

It led to an assistant custodians position. Then, to the head custodians position, which God has used to provide for me. And give me a place to do the real work he has for me, in the 5 fold ministry. (Eph. 4:11-12)

I thank him, I praise him.  He has done so much.

But, it came by him leading me and me following his lead. It came by having a relationship with him and knowing his voice, as Jesus said. “My sheep know my voice”. (John 10:25-30)

Another side aspect of this is that it gives you authority to stand on.

You KNOW God brought you there. You know He is with you. You know He will move you or lead you out, and protect you. You are in His will.

So when the enemy uses someone to try to get you to doubt, or fear, or be deceived. You can stand and say, “No! This is where He led me. I am in His will. I have done nothing wrong. He is with me.” It is a valuable thing to have. Knowing you were placed there by God means you have authority in your position.

God has never really required blind faith from me. He has shown me. Led me. Reminded me of how He has kept His promises, and that He is with me. So, there is no “Blind” faith if you know Him. There’s “Follow Me”, and then the thought…”He has protected me a thousand times, He is there.” That’s not “Blind” faith. That’s trust.

This is about having a relationship. 

He might lead us in different ways at times. My experience here, is just one example.

The point, is that He is real, and a rewarded of those who seek Him. He is able. We can trust and wait and follow.

He will lead you. Let Him build the relationship and your faith. Just watch and see.

Praise Jesus.

---

Other Scripture References:

Psalm 23
Psalm 25
Matthew 6:9-13


Bio: Chris Bunton is a writer, poet and blogger from Southern Illinois. He has published in several magazines, and has written a poetry eBook called “Against the Man” and an Addiction Recovery eBook called “Made Free: Overcoming Addiction“ His newest book is called “The Future is Coming” and is a collection of dystopian short stories.

Follow Him on Medium: https://chris-bunton.medium.com/

Read His Spiritual Writings on Blogger: https://chrisbunton.blogspot.com/

Follow Him on Free Life Blog: https://myfreelifeblog.com/

Buy a cup of Coffee

Support the work on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=13514235&fan_landing=true&view_as=public

Photos by the Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment