Tuesday, July 2, 2024

God's Goodness

 God's Goodness

He Does Not Leave Us Alone In Darkness

 


 

There are times in my walk with God, when I am just beat down.

Times when I feel like nobody hears what I’m saying. Times when nothing seems to work and everything is against me.

It’s during these times, that I just want to quit. Quit everything.

But, then God comes.

He shows up and speaks.

It might be a word of encouragement. A person who pops up out of the blue and says, “What you said, helped me.”

It might be a verse of scripture that comes to life in me.

It could be a blessing, or an answered prayer, like cool drink on a hot day.

Things that let me know I’m not wasting my time. That I’m where God wants me to be, and is using me.

And that’s God.

Paul said, …”that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” (Romans 2:4)

And it is.

If God was a hateful, judging monster, nobody would turn to Him.

But, He is not. 

He works with us in this corrupted world, and in our weakness and failures, to provide light and love, at the exact moment to help us go forward a little more.

He told Abraham, “come unto a place that I will show you.” (Gen. 12:1 )

And Abraham trusted God. He believed His Word, and he went. Not knowing exactly where.

But, I’m sure that God gave him blessings and encouragement and light. Just when Abraham needed it.

And it built faith. 

We are saved by God’s Grace, through faith. And even our faith is grown by God.

There is no such thing as blind faith with God. He prepares us. He walks with us, and encourages us.

He appears and brings the sweet blessings of His presence into our lives. We know He is there. We can almost touch Him.

And that peace comes. The peace that defies all understanding.

“And we know that all things work together for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”..(Romans 8:28)

If you know God, you were called. He desires to commune with you. He seeks to have a relationship with you.

He brings goodness into our lives, in the midst of the darkness and it’s at those times that real praise and real worship spring forth. Not because we desire it. But, because He creates it in us.

And it’s then. In His presence. and in the light of His goodness and love, that I see how wretched I am.

I see the awful things I’ve said. The mean things I’ve thought. The unkindness I’ve displayed.

And I see that I don’t deserve good things. I don’t deserve love.

But, God comes anyway. 

He loves me anyway, and it makes me want to do better for Him. It makes me want to be like Him, and serve Him. It makes me want to love others and drive back the darkness of this world so others, can experience that love, joy, goodness and peace which comes from Him.

It’s not rules, and hell fire preaching, and accountability from men that drives me to God.

It is God Himself and His awesome goodness.

The One who came down to pull me from the pit of death.

Am I reflecting Him?

Am I a vessel for His goodness and love?

I fail.

But, in my failure and weakness He still comes and pours out His Grace.

Taste and see that the Lord is Good.

He is the greatest thing.

There is nothing to compare.

He calls you to know him.


Bio: Chris Bunton is a writer, poet and blogger from Southern Illinois. He has published in several magazines, and has written a poetry eBook called “Against the Man” and an Addiction Recovery eBook called “Made Free: Overcoming Addiction“ His newest book is called “The Future is Coming” and is a collection of dystopian short stories.

Follow Him on Medium: https://chris-bunton.medium.com/

Read His Spiritual Writings on Blogger: https://chrisbunton.blogspot.com/

Follow Him on Free Life Blog: https://myfreelifeblog.com/

Buy a cup of Coffee

Support the work on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=13514235&fan_landing=true&view_as=public

Photos by the Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment